homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 09:02:23 -0500

On Sep 6, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Rob wrote:

At 9/6/2008 04:35 PM,bob ford wrote:
Among members of this list are some very bright people. Perhaps one
of you can explain to me how this can be brought, in any way, to a
long-term desirable conclusion. Yet, its not being portrayed as
such an awful thing on the news .

I'm not the bright person you are looking for but I have been
watching this. Near as I can tell....It would have been a good year to have a garden, next year it will
even be a better year to have a garden.

That's as good an answer as any I can think of.

Bob, the brightest economists in this country are disagreed on how bad the bad economy is going to become and they are disagreed on what can be done to soften the fall. So asking all the above-average people on this list for the answer is, well, bound to come up short. Long-term, the economy will sort itself out. Each of us will survive although the pain may well become strong. Expect things to get worse and you will likely not be disappointed.

And anyone who thinks that politicians can fix it are drinking or smoking really good stuff.