homestead - Re: [Homestead] greenhouse update

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] greenhouse update
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:07:48 -0500

On Sep 2, 2008, at 9:04 PM, Rob wrote:

In Minnesota, I had a small shop area out in the woods. I laid
treated 2x4's flat, 12"oc. Plastic on top of that and then the wood sheeting.
I did the 'back room' on the garage here about the same. It's on a
concrete slab (no moisture barrier that I'm aware of). Plastic
sheeting, then regular 2x4's laid flat 12"oc. Sheet insulation
between the 2x4's and 3/4 flooring on top of that. It's worked well
over the last few years.

Thanks, Rob. Two by fours flat will support the plywood but I wonder if it might not stay flat. One would not know until after if was down for a while and then it would be a job to redo it. So I vacillate on that or four by fours.