homestead - Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:11:35 -0700

At 8/15/2008 12:32 PM,wrote:

> >That the 'oil age will not end because we ran out of oil' follows
> >'the stone age did not end because we ran out of stones' is a non
> >sequitur

That indeed is a tired old saw.

Yes, but it does still work well when explaining replacements.

It's funny, I getting deja vu. It's like y2k all over again, I'm arguing with the people who KNOW the world is going to end come 2000 and I'm asking if they have a crystal ball.
Nobody knows, anything is still possible but it sure looks like there are still those who want it to end.

I never understood the people who want the big catastrophic changes <shrug>.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net