homestead - Re: [Homestead] Doniel Boone Bowen

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Doniel Boone Bowen
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:24:47 -0500

On Jul 21, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

When you get time, I would like further instructions, please. The next
time I see another and feel I want to take the time to do it, I would
like to experience this delicacy.

First, have a care around a mud turtle. They are wicked quick and can give a
nasty bite.

Thanks. That's a keeper.

Butchering with a hatchet reminds me of my old hillbilly friend, who used a small hatchet about as much as his knife for dressing and butchering a deer. He was very fast. Probably had only done it a few hundred times.