homestead - Re: [Homestead] getting plant stock in phx at the right time.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] getting plant stock in phx at the right time.
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

I mail ordered some tomato and pepper plants from a lady in the South via
Ebay, this June, just to see what might happen. The evening I planted them ,
the temp never dropped below 100 degrees the next two days were both 116 + ,
the plants didn't survive half way into the second day. I didn't think they
would but, it was an experiment.

Where you used to live is quickly becoming part of the new downtown Grand
Ave. Arts District (shhh.. arty people smoke pot_ I have a Navajo friend down
there who is a painter--painted a mural inside the Heard Museum)

I live a bit closer to the park on the other side. You might have heard of
me, I'm the old ugly guy whose stupid dog got him temporarily banned from
eating at Hamburger Works on 15th Ave and Thomas. ,,,bobford