homestead - Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 06:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

'Sounds like the same reasoning a neighbor's grandkid used when I approached
him as he was casually and openly smoking dope beside the backyard pool of my
neighbor's house.
I said something to the effect that that stuff was bad for him. He replied
that it was pure Humboldt County grown with none of all of the crap put in
cigarettes. I then told him that what I meant was that it was bad for him
because in two days, upon returning, his grandfather was going to find out
and kill him.
He said that he couldn't believe I would rat him out ( I guess I looked
cool). I told him that I wouldn't have to, that all of the other neighbors
would.

Anyway, I helped him out--- I told him to walk to the corner store and buy
some "roll your own" type tobacco, and roll a couple of cigarettes. That
way, he would just be lectured , but not beaten and disowned by his
grandfather. I agreed to dispose of his stash.

I never told anyone --not my neighbor, or even my wife, about the
incident..Maybe I changed that kid's life for the life for the better that
day. But, My wife still tells people about the day she came home and found
me sitting in the dark with nine empty sardine cans and an empty box of ritz
crackers ......... reading the Good Book....bobford