homestead - Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:36:54 -0400

So it isn't the amount of nicotine that makes modern tobacco products "nasty stuff?" Wild tobacco has many times the amount as cultivated according to my sources. I understand that inhaling is more the culprit than anything, and of course the more frequent use compared to Native use.

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
The native Americans used and cultivated 'nicotiana rustica' but modern commercial tobacco is 'nicotiana tabacum' and that has been genetically selected for centuries to make it into really nasty stuff. It isn't a continuous history.

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net