homestead - Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:09:59 -0800

There are 599 chemicals added to cigarettes and those in combo with nicotine create 4,000 chemicals when cigarettes burn.

So, if you want to inhale benzene, formaldehyde, ammonia, acetone, arsenic and hydrogen cyanide, just to name a few, well, I think that might be what makes the modern cigarette a tad more harmful than a pipe full of raw tobacco that is passed around amongs a large group of folks.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "keith bellinger" <bartermn AT epix.net>

So it isn't the amount of nicotine that makes modern tobacco products
"nasty stuff?" Wild tobacco has many times the amount as cultivated
according to my sources. I understand that inhaling is more the culprit
than anything, and of course the more frequent use compared to Native use.