homestead - Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:27:52 -0500

On Jun 23, 2008, at 2:13 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Refitting tobacco barns? Not here. Here all the arcitecture of the past two
decades has been Early Ugly like everywhere else. </HTML>

Is it at all reasonable to take one down and put it up on your place?

The old log barn behind the house is falling fast. Two bays with a drive-thru for team and wagon, like a dogtrot in humble old southern houses. As soon as I have some new roof I will take one bay down and preserve the logs for a future project. This one was built for expediency, not longevity, siting on small stones, rotting from top and bottom. I put bigger stones under it but I don't do roofs. Once the roof opened a bit it was all over.