homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:35:43 -0800

Alcatraz alumni here. When they couldn't shut up the voices, they killed their children, their wives, their families and when that didn't shut up some of them, they killed them or put them in prison.

Lynda, Wiyot
----- Original Message ----- From: <Bunjov AT aol.com>

Gitmo ain't got nothin' on Rosebud. Russell and Dennis are in my waking
thoughts every day. My youngest kid took off - at age fourteen (that would be
'83) - for Rosebud / Pine Ridge armed with nothing more than a one-way Greyhound
ticket and a poem I had written for his journey.

I have overheard him apologizing to trees for hanging stuff in the branches
while he's fixing his truck.

We are not NA. We are - maybe - 1/2 Mexican by osmosis. What we are, though,
is...right. And respectful.