homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:36:24 -0400

Lynda wrote:

The average American voter shouldn't be allowed to vote! There IQ would not appear to be any higher than their shoe size. They are sheople, perfectly happy with the Nanny State and want only Pablum.

And that is the reason I cringe when I hear people talking about new registered voters...The way I think about it is that if one is interested in politics, his own rights, and the process, he will register to vote on his own and not need to be recruited in a registration drive. Probably 90% of the people who register in a drive couldn't tell you who the current VP is, or name a third party(any party)...
So when I hear about record numbers of voters, I think...what WERE they thinking?? Were they informed, or just following the media hype, or worse, following the crowd?

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky