homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:44:39 EDT

>Exactly and, when they wake up with the hangover from the big party and
find
>out their "hero" is no hero but no better and possibly worse than they
>*thought* the other guy was, what then? What will be the reaction when
they
>find out they've been made total, 100% fools of?

>Lynda

I will have to digress a bit, to begin with (what a concept!).

Sadly, those who wake with the hangover won't be aware of it...they will
begin their New Day with a minor headache attributable to sources unknown,
and
continue to stumble blindly down the appointed path. They will never be aware
of the fact that 'fool' is the media's favorite four-letter word.

This is bound to be a long post.

Many years ago - even growing up - I embraced a hemispheric/isolationist
doctrine - US / Mexico / Canada...so, when NAFTA reared its ugly head, I
thought
it was a great idea.

Then came the global economy concept, and I immediately took the Rodney King
stance...can't we all just get along?

Oops.

'They' have taken these great ideas and thrown them into a spitoon, and now
we have the TTC, which will bisect the country and...who mentioned
revolution?

I'm sorry - I apologize ahead of time to any NASCAR fans on the list (you
know who you are, Bev - God love you - I do SO value ALL your opinions), but
how
can we continue to promote such activities and say - from the other side of
our mouths - that we need to cut back on using the stuff?

See? Told ya I'd digress.

I asked someone a while ago how to determine the weight of a mid-size motor
home - sans engine - and...could a draft horse pull it? I was thinking major
Big One. I learned it can be done, but something told me "Simplify!
Simplify!"

(So there you have it - I'm simple!)

We have to be our own heroes. I'm back to the travois.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

fuel-efficient used cars.