homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:59:35 -0400

On Jun 19, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:36 PM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little fantasy. For you, I'll dream
up horse apples. : )

Okay. Yeah, I knew horse pie wasn't quite right, but the term eluded me. You
knew what I meant.

let's see. Horse Apples are odd green things that grow on a thorn- filled odd looking tree, and are supposed to keep something bad out of your cellar if you put the horse apple in there. mice, maybe.

Meadow muffins are more or less well-formed cow poops or horse droppings.

Cow flops or cow pies are not-at-all formed cow poops.

Oh, I have an offering on how such a foreign country could deal with a war criminal. I found the scythe blade I'd seen in the barn here. It looks as it it had lain in a field for a few decades - it's rusted mostly away, nearly to the spine in one spot. No hope of any makers mark or brand.

What shall we do with the drunken sailor.\?
Shave his belly with a rusty razor ...
Earlai in the mornin'...

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net