homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:34:00 -0800

Exactly and her "job" is sitting in on board meetings. Prior to that she was on other boards that were funded by more money that her hubby pulled out of the taxpayers' pockets. I mean, come on folks, $7 MILLION for a dance group!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

True, but Michele Obama is drawing a 270,000.00 salary while on leave. I
think what bothered me most about her situation at U of Chi is that she was
making 122,000 a year and 6 weeks after her husband was elected senator got a
raise to 313,000.00. One of Obama's first bills was for a 9,000,000.00 grant to
U of Chi and two more that year for another 8 and 1 million dollars. I and my
wife both work careers with major universities and can tell you that raises
like that don't happen, ever, unless there is something else factored in. I am
afraid the racism knee jerk reaction is going to be seen many times over the
next 5 months so we may as well get used to that particular defense.