homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

There has not been any serious political discussion on any news station since
MSNBC fired Don Imus. He would have Russert, Scheifert , Congressman &
Senators on the show; calling them liars to their faces. They would actually
be candid, sometimes to the point of using four letter words at each other.
MSNBC now is a channel not even worth flipping through to catch breaking
news. Not one single serious commentator. But, you are right people don't
pay attention. There are people who actually take commentators like Keith
Olberman seriously. I remember when he played the fool at ESPN, they fired
him when he asked for a raise.
CNN is slightly better--not much. Fox has two serious reporters in Chris
Wallace and Brit Hume, I turn the channel to the loudmouths.
I 've always like Bob Scheifert. I usually watch him and Russert on Sunday
morning. I think NBC will have to go outside of the company to replace
Russert. They don't have any presently employed commentators/interviewers
who could be taken seriously and not bore everyone to death. PBS is a
wasteland, Should get rid of everyone and start over.
Anyway. I've learned to live with the television off most of the time or
just turned to a music channel......bobford