homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:53:55 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2008 5:10:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
paxamicus AT earthlink.net writes:

There are only two people to choose from. Give me more options and I'd
be happy to discuss them. This is what we have to work with.

It's disgusting and revolting that our administration would even
countenance a discussion about what *kinds* of torture are ok.
The problem is not that they would have that discussion as the UN had that
discussion as did France, Germany, England, and pretty much every member
nation
of the UN. We each have to define this before we can move on. Prisoners at
Gitmo said that cells painted pink is torture, Feeding prisoners non native
food has been called torture. Giving one group of prisoners asian sleeping
mats
rather than mattresses could be called torture, while asian prisoners would
feel right at home. You have to have the discussion and define this.

Get it. People are being tortured RIGHT NOW in our names. Electing
McCain won't change that. Electing Obama *might*.
I have no reason to believe that Obama would fix this problem. His history
leads me to believe he
couches his statements based on his audience. He voted for the war, but
forgot after all. McCain
may or may not be better, we have no definite good choice on this issue.

Let's see....someone who says it's ok, and someone who says it's not.
Hm....choices, choices.

We gave control of congress and senate to the Dems 2 elections ago, and
increased their standing in the last election. I personally don't like having
one
party in charge of all 3. Is there any reason to believe giving them the
white house will make them more likely to look out for we the little guys
than
they are now?? I am still waiting on all the stuff Pelosi promised us 4 years

ago. In Bush, we have a fiscal liberal, growing govt and spend, spend, spend.

What will Obama really bring us?? All his proposals so far will cost a small
fortune and the tiny increases he has proposed for the top 1 percent of
earners won't scratch the surface of the bill. Will we have an even bigger
debt,
or a Monday morning surprise for the "middle class" with a big fat tax
increase? I just have to say I am worried.

Drew

fuel-efficient used cars.