homestead - Re: [Homestead] 100 Thing Challenge

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 100 Thing Challenge
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:30:53 -0700

Tools are my interest. For a minimal tool set I would suggest the following. This is based around all hand tools that would allow one to just get along.

Tool box

Fencing
Post hole diggers
Fenceman's pliers
Linemans pliers
Post Maul
Fence stretcher

Simple woodworking (building a coop for example)
Framing hammer
2' level
Plumb bob
Framing square
Crosscut saw
Rip saw
Brace and bits

General
Philips screwdriver
Straight slot screwdriver
Gas pliers
6" Channel Locks
Large Channel Locks
Vise Grips
Vise
3/8 drive socket set 5/16 - 13/16 with ratchet and breaker bar
Combination wrenches 5/16 - 15/16
10" Crescent wrench
16" Crescent wrench
6" pipe wrench
12" pipe wrench

Firewood
Crosscut saw
Double bitted ax

Gardening and general earth work
Shovel
Spade fork

This would be about one third of your allocation and is only a quick off the top of the head list.

Don Bowen KI6DIU