homestead - Re: [Homestead] cats lovers in politics

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] cats lovers in politics
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:41:46 -0700

I have two cats, Pandora and Sandy (She is not from Texas). They are rescues, a woman pulled into my son's parts house. While helping her at the counter she asked if he knew anyone who wanted some kittens as she had two that were headed to the pound as the next stop. He called me, the cats came to my trailer and have been with me since.

Before I mover we had two cats that I knew would never travel. Dumb cat was a gray cat that came from an abandoned litter. A neighbor of my sons found them and brought them to him. One died as he was taking them home and another died soon after while he was bottle feeding them. It really upset him so he worked to keep the remaining two alive. After they were old enough he gave one to me. The cat had development problems and could not see well. I still have a scar on my arm where he jumped up and missed.

Bobby was another rescue. He was picked up in front of a burning house in front a moving brush fire and given to me. He is a nice cat but huge.

Both now have hit the cat lottery and are now living with my mother. She did not like the name so she calls the one Gray cat. Nice cat, his entire life is devoted to looking for a spot in the sun to snooze.

Don Bowen KI6DIU