homestead - Re: [Homestead] 100 Thing Challenge

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 100 Thing Challenge
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:03:05 EDT

Probably - because I live in the desert - I hadn't considered a woodlot.
Duh. Where did I think the wood for the woodstove was coming from? And
cooking?
Hmmm... Unless, as you say, these could be considered part of the house.

Everyone on the list is probably more well-versed in tools than I am.

I get my firewood from the neighbors and the neighbors' neighbors free
gratis, when they're clearing their various properties ( we are 4000 total
population - 1250 'households', according to the PO - spread out over
approximately
120 square miles). But I also have a propane tank. I don't see getting
around
propane, gasoline, or electricity as part of the 10% not covered by
self-reliance - although, there are some folks living in total isolation in
the
surrounding mountains, without benefit of any of these things. We most often
learn
of their existence when one of them is found mummified - or worse. Perhaps
not the best of all worlds.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)