homestead - Re: [Homestead] Impeachment

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Impeachment
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:54:47 -0700

At 6/9/2008 07:42 PM,paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
Dennis Kucinich has introduced impeachment proceedings against Bush in
the House. He's reading it now. 35 Articles with supportive facts.
(Such as refusing to subpeonas.) Now, I'm saying, HE'S presenting the
facts, I don't want to argue about whether they really or not cause I
haven't heard it all and how would I know, anyway, 35 articles...
amongst them ignoring the Geneva Convention, Posse comitatus, torture.
Can I add "et al" here?

Talk to me, James, talk to me. Have we a hope? And can we spear Cheney
with the same harpoon?

In disequilibrilum,

Celia

If the President was impeached by the House of Representatives, tried and convicted by the Senate and removed from office the Vice President would become the next President.

In case you are curious about what-how an impeachment of the President works here is the source.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

FWIW ...

Article II
Section 4

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Amendment XXV

(1967)

Section 1. In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net