homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: American Solutions for Energy Independence

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: American Solutions for Energy Independence
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 06:08:11 -0500

On Jun 8, 2008, at 4:28 PM, VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

My wife is enough older to remember the big band era..
I just like the music.

Corny, simplistic, old-fashioned--all true, all good. I grew up listening to my mother singing lots of songs. She sang alto in the church choir and loved to sing there, later with the Sweet Adelines and at home. Every now and again I catch myself singing bits of those old songs that I thought I had forgotten.