homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics and BS<g>

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics and BS<g>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:34:18 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

The common wisdom is that Carter was a real dud. As far as I can see,
the main thing he did wrong was to let the Iranian ayatollah control
him.

He tiptoed around him, for sure. We appeared weak, and it is possible that we are paying for that today.

Imagine if the tax subsidies for solar and wind had
stayed in place instead of the current subsidies for oil and nuclear.
No, I don't think solar and wind will free us completely from oil, but
I don't think any single technology will do that.

Agreed. We have to use every option, not rely on any one thing.

I really believe that the way you feel, and act, toward your
fellow human comes back to you, in this life at least.

In my experience, the dragon you fear -- and have therefore made
preparations against -- is not the one that will rip chunks out of
your butt. Something else will get you.

I believe that, too..

All this dismissal of Obama for speaking in platitudes, or pretty
speeches, is totally beside the point. What exactly do you expect him
to do? Read white papers to audiences? Will anyone tell me what could
have been said to AIPAC that he or she doesn't consider to be a
platitude?

I don't dismiss Obama for his platitudes, I dismiss him for the same reason I dismiss Hillary or Biden or Dean or Kerry...just more of the same..he's simply more charismatic than any of them and because of his ethnic background and upbringing, people see him as being different..I just don't buy that..not that he is evil or anything like that, I just don't see him as being the Messiah President. Actually, he meets the criteria for being the Antichrist more than a messianic politician.
I honest to God really don't mean to stir things up here, but it is something that I don't think anyone has mentioned in all this silliness...you gotta admit, the guy definitely casts a spell on folks and is super charismatic...lol..(personally, I doubt that Bush or Obama or Clinton is the antichrist, but you can find multiple websites touting such)

I have the distinct impression that the Lynda & James contingent --
that those two are on the same side more or less convinces me that the
end is at hand --

See above reference to the Antichrist.<G>

are really good at dissing politicians, so I'd
really like to hear what you would do if you could suddenly become
president. What would you say to your fellow Americans?

Nothing, I'd be too busy doing.. ;)

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky