homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics and BS<g>

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics and BS<g>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 09:41:55 -0500

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Nope, we're paying for Kermit!
>
> Lynda, who will know the real history majors by those who know who Kermit is

Kermit didn't do us any favors in the Middle East, but the direct
cause of our present difficulties with Al Qaida can be linked directly
to our funding the jihadists, many of them -- including Bin Laden --
Saudis, who went to Afghanistan and learned how to fight an insurgency
and then to the first Gulf War when our troops were stationed in Saudi
Arabia. Bin Laden took that very, very badly.

Marie