homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:25:34 -0700

Obama is NOT going to withdraw from Iraq, at least not for two
or three years (unless it is a default withdrawal on our collapsing economy).

Iraq will cause as much hurt to the next president as it has to the current one. If a Democrat pulls out the place will fall apart and more than likely another despot will take over, one very likely controlled from Iran. The right wing shrill machine will then have a heyday and we could well be seeing another single term president. If a Republican stays the course we will continue to see unrest and thousands more young lives and billions of dollars with be dumped on the Iraqi sands with no return and again it will be a single term president.

Don Bowen KI6DIU