homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:49:03 -0400

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:07 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> As to the preference for a Dem, you poor deluded victims of liberal snake
> oil poisoning! Obama is NOT going to withdraw from Iraq, at least not for
> two
> or three years (unless it is a default withdrawal on our collapsing
> economy).

James, I prefer a Democrat because my beliefs most closely match that party.
Though it would be great if I could vote for an Independent Green Democrat
Libertarian.

> We are not in Peak Oil, the housing bubble aftermath, the currency and
> credit
> crisis, and the food shortage because of Bush or his policies. We are
> there
> because at every juncture of our miserable lives we've believed the next
> clown
> in office is just going to make everything OK, no matter how illogical our
> decisions and lifestyle. Bush is the reflection of our common proclivity,
> not
> the cause of it.

I dislike Bush, he's caused us a world of hurt but many people have the
current problems on their collective watches. How about Alan Greenspan for
one, he didn't help. And though I love Al Gore and still think won the
election, he made Global Warming a household word. Not perhaps thanks to
him, at least in part, we have the ethanol problem which has resulted in
high food prices and shortages of other grain.

Deluded I may be, going slowly insane every other day feels more like it.
There is way too much crap (above) going on that is changing the world, most
likely permanently and not necessarily for the better. Unless you really
like using hand-tools, and I know that you do, James. I have an egg beater
mixer I love, my garden spade is my friend, and I air dry my hair and
laundry, but other than that, I'll admit that I enjoy using electricity.

Reminds me of, senility is striking again, the group from Athens, GA,
Michael Stipe is the singer....oh heck, the group that.... REM! Whew! That
was close. Reminds me of the song *It's the End of the World as We Know it,
and I feel Fine*."

lkvp