homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:23:58 EDT

> >What are your thoughts on how we might move to a more sane national
> position? I

My position? First elect Obama president preferably with Clinton as the
veep and preferably elected by a landslide.

When the economy tanks and the food and energy crises become acute, people
may finally see that it isn't which platitude spouting clown you put in the
White House that makes a difference, it isn't changing the way you change the
changes, rather it is ... something else. But the first step is to realize
it
isn't that.

Ron Paul is a step in the right direction, but as long as people are
vehemently for or against (I don't think anyone is vehemently FOR McCain at
any rate)
the glib, articulate, spouter of platitudes, the necessity or even the
existence of that step is beyond the vision of most of our countrymen.

Yet ... even Ron Paul doesn't realize that we must be led out of the exurb
and suburb society where our backsides are permanently contoured to fit a car
seat, a society that can only ask where the next gallon of fuel is coming
from
or the next vehicle that doesn't need that fuel.

The pain will have to be turned up higher before anyone is going to listen.

Stand by! </HTML>