homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractor value: '50 Harvester H-4?

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractor value: '50 Harvester H-4?
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 23:13:55 -0400

... 1950 would be before fast hitch so if it has any sort of three point
it will be either shop built or aftermarket.

Yes, the pictures I have do not show any three point "fast" hitch.

You say front plow, do you
mean a loader or a blade?
Blade. There is a very heavy frame on the thing with hydraulic cylinders to raise the plow.

...they have light front ends. Check out the spindle and wheel
bearings and tie rod ends.

I may not get a chance to check out much. I will likely make an offer before I am there again.

The front wheels are as wide as the rear ones.

I may not have enough presence of mind to post the pictures tonight.. but will as soon as I can. (I have to figure out the FTP addressing and find an FTP client for this Mac, then upload.)

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180