homestead - Re: [Homestead] Meatless recipes, was Soy foods

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Meatless recipes, was Soy foods
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 23:02:27 -0400

ok...let's see... well, first off, with hummus, there's about a thousand different permutations. I like roasted red pepper hummus, for example.

Cream cheese or ricotta can be whipped up with savory or sweets...cinnamon sugar cream cheese is nice. Ricotta with melted chocolate is very nice.

Horse radish or wasabi grated into sour cream.

Tahini? I'm not mad keen for it but you might be.

I like rouille on just about everything.

Pickle relish? Tapenade of olives or maybe sun dried tomatoes?

Use pretzel crumbs where you'd use bread crumbs...for battering fish or onion rings.

If you're making soft pretzels I like to make "pretzel dogs" or something similar.

Then there's the PMS special...dip in peanut butter, drag through chocolate.

Oooh, caramel would be good with salty pretzels.