homestead - Re: [Homestead] Meatless recipes, was Soy foods

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Meatless recipes, was Soy foods
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 22:49:39 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

You can even go back in time and have a medieval meal of bread and sop. Peas, lentils, or fava beans were cooked into thick gruel, a sop, and eaten by dipping pieces of bread into it. Hence the word 'supper'.

It's a mindset to think that meals need be complicated. Sometimes we have suppers of bread and cheese, or cornbread and milk.

"Now in Wang Lung's country, if a man had a stalk of garlic and a good piece of wheaten bread to wrap around it, he had a good meal and needed no other ..."
(from Pearl Buck's "The Good Earth")

James </HTML>

Mindset is too mild. I prefer brainwashing. If I want to eat boiled eggs for dinner along with a bagel and some peanut butter, why not??
Some of my favorite meals are simple..

And I have a question of my own..
I am looking for a good dip for pretzel sticks. I want something different than the standard fare....any suggestions?

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky