homestead - Re: [Homestead] The karma faerie in the news

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The karma faerie in the news
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:54:28 -0400

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
On May 13, 2008, at 8:41 AM, Gene GeRue wrote:

So, Moon, how ya feel about the China earthquake?

I think it sucks. I think it's horrible. Just like I think what happened in Myamar is horrible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Observe Momma Nature. Closely. She does not take sides.

Says who? Anyway, I think the kf and Mother Earth can be working independently.

The Chinese have been predicting earthquakes for centuries, but
obviously failed on this one. At least most of the city buildings were
up to code. Perhaps the Chinese should spend less time on weather
modification and more time on earthquakes??
Jim Berkland, an earthquake forecaster that used to work for the USGS,
but was fired after the Loma Prieta quake, operates on a theory that
tides and the weight of water on the plates/faults causes the stress
that generates EQ's. Well, obviously, the area of the quake is inland, but just days before Cyclone Nargis dropped I don't know how many tons of water on that plate boundary. Water lubricates the fault and she lets go...I think that is what happened, but anyway..

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky