homestead - Re: [Homestead] over-wintered vegetables

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] over-wintered vegetables
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:16:01 -0400

Roy Morgan wrote:

Dad wanted a few asparagus plants, so we got them from a nursery. We then went to a nearby dairy farm for a big bucket of manure. The farmer (father of one of my classmates) pointed out the best part of the pile to take from and gave us some advice.

So Roy,
Which part of the pile am I supposed to use? Was that fresh manure or somewhat aged?