homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:44:27 -0400

Lynda wrote:

The war wasn't about slavery.

*That* I knew. I live and work in Calhoun, GA. One house was left standing in my town after Sherman came through(it was used as a headquarters), and today it is home to the Gordon Co. Historical Society. If your goal is to free slaves, you kill the landowners and help slaves find a safe passage out. If your goal is to destroy the economy of a place, then you do what was done to the South...kill all men, slaves, too if they get in the way...take what's valuable, destroy the land and anything that could be used to generate income.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky