homestead - Re: [Homestead] Livestock Guardians

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Livestock Guardians
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:04:00 -0400

I am leaning towards a dog rather than a donkey because I already have my share of equines and I've never really been enamored of donkeys, plus, they can be so steenking noisy! I love the Pyrs but hate the grooming, I just can't bear to let it set out full of knots and burrs, so I am thinking an Anatolian. I've also owned one, and really loved him. I've only heard recently about the predilection for Pyrs to work in pairs, though, and I'd love to know more about if anybody wants to share what they know. I have never heard it of the Anatolians and I am wondering if the same might be true for them, whatever the reason is.

Moon (for you, my Bevvie xoxo)

PS. Uh, honey if you're reading this......it's about getting another dog.... : )