homestead - Re: [Homestead] Livestock Guardians

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Livestock Guardians
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:08:10 -0400

AAAAAAHHHH you are so brilliant, this is some very basic animal husbandry, I was just not thinking. Of course they need to live as a pack, of course they would be happier and less stressed. Duh. You have just given me a smack upside the forehead moment. : ) I was thinking it had to be breed specific. I am such a dork. Hahahahahaha.

Do you know, I think I remember you getting Sirius, way back when. I will go and look for pics in a tic.

When you said you sounded like James, I re-read it and heard it as Foghorn Leghorn. Oh dear. It is going to be terribly at odds for me now to hear James' posts like that, and he is the furthest thing possible from Foghorn Leghorn, isn't he? I do beg your pardon in advance, James, I tend to be so silly anyway and now, it will be much much worse.

Thank you, Rob, for the warning on the barking, too. My Anatolian rarely barked, but since my experience is limited to him as the representative for his breed, I don't know if that's a general tendency or I lucked out. I know I never had to wonder if he was on duty though, he was never *not*. (I'm sure your Pyrs, are the same, of course, but his intensity was a thing of real awe to me, so I still like to think of it with wonderment and share it.) The truth is I have three rescue corgis and if I can live with them, I could probably live with 100 Pyrs. They are um...chatty. : ) Not that there's anything wrong with being chatty. Or anything. ; p