homestead - [Homestead] Livestock Guardians

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Livestock Guardians
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:02:32 -0400

We had a disaster with a pair of Boxers who got in with our sheep. They killed one lamb and maimed another. I am wondering now if this is what caused the death of the ewe. They belong to a neighbour.

I am wondering what if anything you all use to guard your places or stock. I'm thinking donkey or dog. Roy has, in the past, raised the alpaca spectre but I'm not all that keen... I can do a donkey or guard dog with no learning curve, and they are cheap-ish.

Suggestions? Anyone got an Antolian going spare?

Celia