homestead - Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:54:36 -0800

You are going to have a hard time finding numbers on manufacturing jobs. When the method of determining unemployment was changed, they also changed job titles and one of those titles was manufacturing. Flipping hamburgers at Micky Ds is now counted as manufacturing.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I don't have the time right now to research that, but I believe we
still have a huge manufacturing base. We sometimes think not because
of so many jobs lost in that sector, but that is often because of
technological advances.