homestead - Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:12:58 -0500

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 9:53 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> There is one thing the debt gives them, when they want more oil for their
> own
> use, they can use our money to bid up the price so high we can't afford it
> any longer.

Of course, they wouldn't need so much oil if they weren't making
widgets to sell to us.

This is not to say that I haven't been wondering for some time how we
manage to have an economy with no manufacturing base to speak of. I've
also wondered why having a growing economy is considered a wonderful
thing in a finite world.

Certainly, Halliburton stockholders are short-term winners, and you
can't dispute that in the end we're all dead. Perhaps, grabbing the
most while it's still available is the best game in town.

Marie