homestead - Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:54:41 -0500

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I didn't say it first time around, but I just home my grandchildren are
> good at learning Chinese. I care.

They may well want to learn Chinese, but probably not because they'll
be under Chinese rule. The energy for imperialism will, I think, be
spent.

Really, if Taiwan comes back under Chinese rule, I doubt anyone except
maybe the Taiwanese government, will think it's a big deal.

Marie

PS: We'll likely be learning a whole lot of languages, not to mention
Business English, which is on its way to being a language all its own