homestead - Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How would YOU spend 3 trillion dollars?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:27:01 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

They may well want to learn Chinese, but probably not because they'll
be under Chinese rule. The energy for imperialism will, I think, be
spent.

In 30 years, if we haven't destroyed ourselves, I think we will use what we consider alternative energy types(nuclear, solar, wind, etc.) or we will still be using oil(I don't buy into the idea that petroleum hydrocarbons come from living matter) acquired from new technologies and/or new sources. I don't think all the energy will be spent.

Really, if Taiwan comes back under Chinese rule, I doubt anyone except
maybe the Taiwanese government, will think it's a big deal.

Surely you jest. Taiwan manufactures the world's fastest and best supercomputers...they excel in semiconductor and electronics tech. Probably, almost all of your computer accessories were made in Taiwan. In addition, they have a growing petrochemical industry which includes high tech oil refineries.

http://www.taiwan.com.au/Polieco/Industry/Major/report01.html

It would seem to me that Taiwan is almost as valuable to the US as it would be to China or any other large consumerist country.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky