homestead - Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 07:16:19 -0500

On Apr 8, 2008, at 7:51 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Bev, I just finished reading James Kunstler's (of Clusterfuck Nation fame)
new novel "World Made by Hand". [which I highly recommend] It takes place in
2025 in a post oil world.

"Another book, “The Long Emergency” (Atlantic Monthly Press, 2005), by James Howard Kunstler, an author and journalist who writes about economic and environmental issues, argues that American suburbs and cities may soon lay desolate as people, starved of oil, are forced back to the land to adopt a hardscrabble, 19th-century-style agrarian life."

That's an excerpt from an article this morning that gives examples of mainstream Americans who are stocking up and preparing for difficult times:

Duck and Cover: It’s the New Survivalism
E-MAIL
PRINT
SINGLE PAGE
REPRINTS