homestead - [Homestead] World made by hand

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] World made by hand
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 07:34:55 -0700

I too recently read the book"World Made by Hand" by Kunstler. It was a fun read about a possible scenario of a post carbon world. He brings up several possible problems, climate change and widespread diseases making certain crops difficult to grow is one example. He also touches on some possible post apocalyptic scenarios. Religious wachos taking over is a common one. His view of a complete government breakdown seems a bit off the mark, governments will do anything to maintain power.

All in all a good book. We will be facing problems as the oil runs out but it will be a slower decline than he proposes and draconian government measures can be expected.

Don Bowen KI6DIU