homestead - Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:20:13 -0400

Well, I like my sports, too, BUT when you sign up for world breaking news updates, seeing a basketball story come through with priority tells me that without any uncertainty, the media has lost the sense of what is truly important, or maybe, probably, they have so successfully dumbed us down to the point where Gass's quote applies to almost everyone.... If that was your point in the quote, then sorry to be a few steps behind.

shepperd AT austincc.edu wrote:
Don,

I like the quote and plead guilty.

Jerry

Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> said:

Marx said that religion is the opiate of the people.
"Sports, politics, and religion are the three passions of the badly educated"
William H. Gass