homestead - Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:20:56 -0400

No, I don't pay, but there are categories that one can choose and I most certainly do not have sporting news on the list- I might be able to understand it if the sports were say, of an international nature, like a Formula One race result<G>, or a World Cup game, or even an Olympic story, but US Collegiate Basketball doesn't have a place there...sorry.
I have alerts based on keywords, like volcano, rioting, global warming, genetically modified, Finland, etc...and when CNN files a story mentioning any of the above, I get the alert via my email. I have quite a few alerts, and at times, have even more if I want to follow a breaking story like, say, an Ebola outbreak. You can customize them and allow CNN to do your searching for you. And just so everyone knows, I do read more than the ever so biased CNN...
But you do have me wondering what was it about that game that somehow sparked a hit for an alert..there's a glitch somewhere, maybe..