homestead - Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Media decisionmaking on coverage of what's important
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:51:12 -0800

I don't know about bugs but I do know that last year we had a late hard frost here that got a lot of the avocado and almond trees and then the fire got a bunch more. That could be part of the price thingy.

Lynda, California
----- Original Message ----- From: "clhw" <clhw AT infoave.net>

Monday, I was informed by a nutritionist that a bug is eating the world's
avacdos. She was lamenting a world without guacamole. Has anyone heard of
this?
I bought a single avacado, nearly $2, and told my family, who got 2 slices
each, that this was to remember the fresh taste by.
Lynn

But reading about that wheat rust in the link you proffered was still a bit
too much of fiction becoming reality.