homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic--spring planting experiment

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic--spring planting experiment
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 14:58:46 -0400

Thanks for sharing. : ) I've done a similar thing with roasted heads of garlic, which when smeared on potatoes in any form is extremely yummy. When I do it raw like yours I've always thought of it as a vegetable dressing.

I've never fried a garlic sauce type batter, the latke reference makes it sound even yummier. I've baked the roasted version on potato skins, eggplant slices, etc, it gets crispy and delicious. Garlic is my favourite herb ever. : )