homestead - Re: [Homestead] We found our ewe, don't read if you're squeamish

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We found our ewe, don't read if you're squeamish
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:58:51 -0400

I'm glad she wasn't the victim of a malicious act or the victim of a natural predator.

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
Apparently she fell down a ravine into a deep part of the stream and drowned. Even though we walked past there umpteen times, no one ever saw her until she floated to the surface. Paul found her walking fence line yesterday.

So, good that she wasn't stolen, good that we managed to keep all three trips alive and with the flock, and sad, I'm sorry she's dead. She was a good Mom. RIP, Indie.