homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic--spring planting experiment

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic--spring planting experiment
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:47:49 -0400

My darling Uncle Bumpy, do not evade human contact. (Where did I hear that? Someone smart told me.) Go tell your neighbour her horses ate your garlic, and ask her help in figuring out how to keep them out. Brainstorm wild ideas like.....grocery bags, hog panels and pellet guns, ask her opinion. You would of course, hate to curtail the horses grazing, but you find the garlic so helpful with your lumbago, or whatever. Get some good ideas, thank her kindly, leave her a little present of last year's jam, and skedaddle. It'll help for a little while.