homestead - [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:01:39 EDT

I wasn't sure just what the subject line should read...

This evening's news tells me that the Chinese 'government' is evicting
13,000 families per month between now and August to accomodate the Olympics?

Yet, I hear no murmurs of boycott...or?

What a shame. It makes me want to cry. Brings to mind today's Dodger game.
The irony of celebrating their 50th anniversary in Dodger Stadium, in L.A.,
which used to be Chavez Ravine. The city used eminent domain to force a
hundred
families from their homes in Chavez Ravine, to build the stadium, and L.A.'s
economy. The irony? Today is Caesar Chavez day, here in California.

He must be so proud.

Jeez.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave