homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:44:06 EDT

Unfortunately, our government does not decide where these events are held,
the
international olympic committee has that power. Let's not forget the Nazi's
hosted the 1936 games and our athletes presence and performance in the end
was hurtful to the Nazis. Had we boycotted that one and allowed the
propagandists
to hold up the superiority of the "master race" to the world, the Nazis
would have
been even more empowered.

Drew

In a message dated 3/31/2008 11:14:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,