homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:15:02 -0700

On Mar 31, 2008, at 7:08 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

We are in a financial/moral war with China, and we could get
a shot in by boycotting the Olympics.

Having just read the book about the Dalai Lama, he would prefer that we not do that.

Even beyond political and other moral issues, it seems to me immoral to deprive athletes who have trained for years to be deprived of their chances.